#being bullied

Who even gets bullied at the age of 20?

I have been bullied since the last six months for no reason. I didn't even realize that it was the so called "being bullied". I thought I was in depression but no I was wrong. I couldn't speak about that to anybody. My parents knew about that but it didn't help me 'cause I thought how would anybody know about how someone feels when he or she gets bullied. I was never that sort of a person. I always stood up when somebody would try to be unfair but this time it was different, this is the first time I got bullied and I promise I'll make it the last time!

I never understood this person. I had given my three years to please her. But at the end of the day I lost and she won. The last six months of those three years were terrible for me. I used to lock myself up in the hostel room and would make sure that she wouldn't spot me stepping out cause if she did that she would slam the door on my face. I was afraid I couldn't tell any of my friends how I felt. Since the beginning she used to taunt me. I took her so seriously that instead of ignoring her I kept on trying to change her opinion about me. It was the biggest mistake of my life.

Somehow I tried concentrating on my studies kept myself very busy with the projects and got through the bachelor's degree very well and now I'm moving on to a new place for my masters.

I know it's difficult to ignore certain things when it hurts our ego. But if it doesn't get cured in spite of your efforts, move on cause there's a lot of beautiful things in life to come your way!

And now I'm rewriting this in the year of 2020. Actually it was me who bullied her first and then she had the only choice to do what she did at last to keep her mental health healthy. Yes, you read it right. It was me bullying someone not intentionally but somehow I did it because back then I didn't know how to deal with my emotions. I didn't care about taking care of my emotions. But I have learnt a lot to deal with my emotions and reactions. There's still a long way to go. She showed me the mirror and during these two years I've met many mirror images of the old version of myself. It took really long to realize. But it's never too late to say one sorry. The rest will follow. 

But promise yourself that you won't let yourself get bullied. Your mental health is really important. Even every other person is a human. If things doesn't work out even if you try hard to please someone, just let them be, and you be you. Don't wait for the worse to come your way. 

Take care of yourself, dear ones.

Comments

Post a Comment